Friday, November 13, 2015

Day 13 prompt: #BookBLogwrimo2015



I can honestly say I have not written many negative reviews. I try to only review books I am interested in and only if it was absolutely horrid will I go on and abandon it. Thankfully many of the reviews I have done are not bad. I am very honest about my reviews however I understand once in a while you will come across a very bad book.


Day 13 


#FeistyFriday

I try to give a detailed explanation of why I wrote a bad review to the author beforehand. It can be a little scary because the book you've just read is their baby. Many authors feel very protective of their work and often are in complete denial that anything is wrong with their book. I try and highlight the positive points about the book and explain my recommendation on how to strengthen it. Thankfully like I said before I have not written many negative reviews however if I were to come across an angry author due to my review I may tweak my book reviewing policy to become more strict.

I think it is important for the reviewer to be honest because as a reader you don't want to be deceived into thinking that something is better than it really is. I also think it is important to keep the author in the loop don't surprise them with a horrid review and then not give an explanation as to why. Allow the author to explain a little about why things may be so bad. It could just be an older version, bad formatting etc. 

You never know until you cross that bridge I guess I will see what happens when I come across this situation more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment