Thursday, November 12, 2015

Book review: The Bride Wore Brains


Blurb:

Claire's perfect wedding takes a horrific turn when her guests start turning into zombies. It's up to her best friend, Kat and a motley crew of wisecracking misfits to save the day

Overall:

I enjoyed this book, it was funny, interesting and was all about zombies which I love! I love the take on the setting, a wedding. This book reminded me of a scene from the video game Left for Dead-the passing in which the survivors come across a wedding ceremony interrupted by zombies. The bride is actually sobbing in the middle of the dance floor and if the survivors turn off the music she actually tries to attack them (she turned into a zombie witch). This book really made me think about that and think about what would happen if a zombie outbreak were to happen on a day meant to be one of the happiest days of your life.

The Bad:

The author did a good job with the overall story and tried to explain the scenes and characters as best as possible. However I would have liked to see a little more personality from the characters. It seemed like the characters were all the same stereotypical bunch: the douche, the queen bee, the people pleaser, the rebel, the pothead etc. Like many indie works there were a few typo errors and the format looked a little off. 

The Good: 

This was a good book, although it did have a few errors and formatting issues it is nothing major that a reader can't get passed by. The story is engaging and pulls the reader in. As the reader I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I was excited when reading and looking forward to when the actual outbreak started. I really liked the length of the book, it was short and sweet just how I like my stories and to the point. This book really sets itself up for a series, I personally would pick up any prequels or sequels. I also liked the prologue and the last scene of the book! This is most definitely a book I'd come back to.

Rating:
4 stars: I really liked it

Recommend as/for: 
A fun read
Zombie lovers
Readers who don't want to read a long story



No comments:

Post a Comment