Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Local bookstore wonders


This past weekend I got to FINALLY visit a small bookstore that I usually drove by often. Most of my books I buy at thrift stores, online or purchase from the library when they have a small fundraising event. Words can't explain the feeling I get every time I walk into a new book store and walk around spending minutes which turn into hours discovering new books that have not been opened for days, possibly months. This little bookstore much to my surprise is actually a non-profit store, "friends of a local library book store" is their slogan. 

After speaking with the volunteer coordinator in the front of the store she explained how the store works and how money purchased from books goes back to the community, supporting reading groups for kids and young adults. I wandered around the store for quite a while and found many books that online would sell for a way higher price. Although I support authors and all the work they do publishing their works I also love supporting local organizations and think it is truly a blessing to have such cheap books available to the public.

I am planning to return to this little bookstore this upcoming weekend and am looking forward to signing up as a volunteer. I am so excited to spend more time every week looking at books and adding to my collection of works. This little book store may become another sweet little corner of heaven for me. I highly recommend you find a small book store or visit your local thrift store to buy books. You may think that reading isn't for you, that you are not book smart or won't find something you like. However I GURANTEE you that there are millions of books out there ranging in many different topics that will keep you reading a little longer. 

Much love, keep reading 
V

No comments:

Post a Comment