Sunday, March 15, 2015

What sites like Wattpad have given the youth




I'll never forget the day I discovered Reddit, I could not believe the amount of information made available for free! I was dumbfounded at how many ideas, stories, pictures ect could be shared and obtained with the simple click of a button. One of the things that I discovered on Reddit was the amazing writing subreddits dedicated to all writers, novelists, bloggers, and so forth. At the time I was looking for a place to write and share short stories for free without the hassle of too many sign up requests.

I remember finding one particular post which asked just that: what are good sites to publish stories on? I eagerly clicked it and found myself reading a short answer about Wattpad. Now I know that Wattpad has gained fame by many of its werewolf, high school, 1D fan-fic romance stories however once I signed up and browsed for a bit I noticed that there were actually quite a decent amount of well written stories. It is amazing for me to come across a well written novel from a fifteen year old, it is no wonder the popularity of Wattpad has skyrocketed most authors on the site are kids who need a place to share their creativity.

Wattpad is a great tool for new beginners to write and share a story without having to go through all the unnecessary hazards that many authors go through when barely starting. The site has given teens and preteens a way to take out their frustrations, daily life problems, relationship problems or dreams. We need more sites like these where sharing is one of its fundamental goals, however many adults have difficulty finding a place to share their writing. Finding a place to share thoughts and write stories that have long since accumulated dust in journals is a scary thing however with due time it will be a wonder why we didn't start sharing and publishing stories sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment