Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Book Review "Missing 411 (First book"

Missing 411 

1st book

By David Paulides

Blurb
Missing-411 is the first comprehensive research about people who have disappeared in the wilds of North America. It’s understood that people routinely get lost and some want to disappear, but this story is about the unusual. Nobody has ever studied the archives for similarities, traits and geographical clusters of missing people, until now.

Overall:

I have a soft spot for all things paranormal and mysterious just take a look at my horror blog to see how much I enjoy reading about these topics. Missing 411 touches on one of the most interesting topics I have heard about: the strange disappearances of so many people in our national parks. I respect David Paulides and the time and effort that he made in putting all these cases together in one spot. I do believe that he has touched on a subject that deserves more attention nationally.  The book is made entirely up by the cases of these missing persons and briefly touches on any explanation or theory as to what he thinks is happening.

The Bad:
I was extremely excited to get this book, I had heard so much about it through social media and podcasts. I was slightly disappointed at the lack of possible explanations or theories that David had. The author didn't really give the reader any ideas as to what he thought was taking these people. However I do respect the fact that he didn't go crazy and point fingers to a possible creature or phenomena. I'm guessing he wanted to focus more on the actual cases and present the facts and research first. 

The Good:
I love research and facts! David Paulides did a remarkable job at presenting these cases and showing readers that there is something going on. I know this is the first book of his series and I do plan on reading the rest in time. I believe I came at this book wrong, I was expecting to read a crazy theory explaining what was going on however I got the real cold facts about the actual disappearances. He did a great job and although the book is a little long considering it is filled with cases I do think readers will be able to stay interested and intrigued.

Rating:
4 stars: I really liked it

If you're into all things strange, and unexplained read this book!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment