Thursday, May 14, 2015

Book Review "The Proven Path to Unstoppable Ideas: Better and faster"

The Proven Path to Unstoppable Ideas

Better and Faster

Jeremy Gutsche



Blurb:

In our world of chaos and change, what are you overlooking? If you knew the answer, you’d be a better innovator, better manager, and better investor.

This book will make you BETTER by teaching you how to overcome 3 neurological traps that block successful people, like you, from realizing your full potential. Then, it will make you FASTER by teaching you 6 patterns of opportunity – Convergence, Divergence, Cyclicality, Redirection, Reduction andAcceleration. Each pattern you’ll learn is a repeatable shortcut that has created fortunes for ex-criminals, reclusive billionaires, disruptive CEOs and ordinary people who unexpectedly made it big.


Overall:
I am usually very skeptical about reading self proclaimed 'success' books, I sincerely believe that there is no one possible path that leads to general success. There are so many paths to success and just the idea of 'success' is different for everyone. In this case the book aims to teach you how to overcome neurological traps that block success. I enjoyed reading this book it didn't have the usual 'all business, infomercial commercial feeling' to it. I really liked to read the real life scenarios for each step to disruption.

As for the actual steps the author describes in the book that lead to a 'better and faster' you it was different and had enough behind each step to make a good case. I related very much to the steps as the author continued to explain and further elaborate as to why it is so important to either steer away from this action or embrace it. 

This isn't the usual material I read, especially for down time. It took me about three weeks to finish this book because I would read a few chapters lose focus and set it down until I had some more downtime. I couldn't stay focused for long periods of time because although each chapter presented new information I quickly lost interest usually after two or three chapters.

There are a few pages towards the end of the book that summarize all the points that were brought up. This is perfect for an overall review in case the reader gets lost or needs to see the bigger picture. I really enjoyed reading the I.Awaken part as well as the III. Capture: Find your Idea part. 

Rating:
☆ 2/5
 It was OK

This book may not keep you interested for long periods of time but is a good book to come back to if you need a break from your other reading material.  It DOES have good interesting backed up material with REAL world case scenarios that back up his traps/steps ect. You may find a lot of it intriguing and actually practice some of the hunter instincts he mentions (I really liked I. Awaken: The Hunger Vs. The Farmer)


No comments:

Post a Comment